About Kinakwii Private Nation
Kinakwii Nation was founded in 2004. It served Canada with a declaration of nationhood ln 2008. This was followed in July 2010 with the filing of it’s Notices and Constitution to Canada and other major world organizations.
From our Declaration of Nationhood…
We, the People of Kinakwii, a Sovereign Indigenous Aboriginal Country, Hereby Declare:
- That we are Children of Light and we are conceived and created by the Great Spirit and the Spirit of Mother Earth and Water;
- That we are a Sovereign confederacy of Nations under the authority of the Great Spirit and the Spirit of Mother Earth and Water who speak to us through the voices of nature and guide us in our relationships with each other, with all people and with all life;
- That we accept the requirement that we must at all times live in accordance with our values and exercise our responsibilities to safeguard the sanctity of the Great Spirit and the Spirit of Mother Earth and Water, and that in so doing we earn the rights and privileges granted to us by the Great Spirit and the Spirit of Mother Earth and Water;
- That we believe in this present moment of the early years of the 21st Century we are being called upon by the Great Sprit and the Spirit of Mother Earth and Water to demonstrate for all future generations what it means for us to proclaim our nationhood and to live and act in accordance with the values, responsibilities, rights and privileges of our ancient heritage and culture, and at the same time have respect for the knowledge and challenges of the present day;
- That we seek to be known and recognized as distinct and Sovereign on the lands that we occupy as a country and in the richness of the whole human family.
Read more from our constitution.